Freemindtronic hardwares wallet is having regard to Decree No. 2018-418 of 30 May 2018 resulting from Law No. 2016-1321 of 7 October 2016 for a Digital French Republic, relating to the modalities of implementation of the digital safe service. Unless we are mistaken, it appears that the innovative patented solutions of 100% electronic safes for offline use have not yet been regulated.
The electronic safe solutions that may be affected by the decree are non-exhaustively, EviCypher, EviTag, EviCard, EviKey, EviDisk, FullKey NFC, EviKey & EviDisk
art. R. 55-1 – The decree provides a framework for the operation of digital safes. Thus, the provider of digital safes is required to inform the user in a clear, fair and transparent way about its service, prior to the conclusion of a contract. In particular, he must communicate
- The type of space made available to it and the associated conditions of use;
- The technical mechanisms used;
- The existence and implementation of the guarantees of proper functioning.
Since Freemindtronic SL clearly tells users:
- the pre-defined space available before the acquisition of the devices, as well as the possibility of checking for themselves the amount of memory used,
- that no material and/or digital information is collected in any way whatsoever, which consequently generates the total anonymity of the user,
- the complete technical data sheets of the devices are available on the Freemindtronic SL website.
- the implementation of the guarantee is published on the website. A large part of Freemindtronic SL solutions are guaranteed lifetime devices.
art. R. 55-3 – The said decree specifies that the integrity, availability and accuracy of the origin of the data and documents stored in the digital safe are guaranteed by appropriate security measures and in accordance with the state of the art.
Since Freemindtronic SL can guarantee users:
Data integrity, which is guaranteed by the manufacturer of STMicroelectronics components for at least 1 million error-free write cycles, and 40 years of data retention in non-volatile memory.
Their availability since Freemindtronic SL devices work without maintenance, without battery, by recovering electrical energy via the NFC signal of a smartphone. Thus, such a device allows users to access at any time, for at least 40 years, the data contained in the vault.
The accuracy of the origin of the data: it is the user himself who stores the data in the electronic memory of The Vaults of Freemindtronic SL
Memory access is physically locked by multiple hardware devices, such as a unique peering key with at least one user-defined administrator password. These security measures implemented imply the material and/or digital impossibility of corrupting the backed up data. It will also be impossible for the manufacturer to be able to access the automatically encrypted contents of said memory of the device. It is specified that the user has additional functions that allow him to harden himself the level of security according to the use of Freemindtronic’s electronic safes.
art. R. 55-4 The said decree specifies that the traceability of the operations carried out on the data and documents stored in the digital safe require at least the implementation of the following measures:
- The recording and timestamp of accesses and access attempts;
- Recording operations affecting the content or organization of the user’s data and documents;
- Recording maintenance operations affecting data and documents stored in digital vaults.
- The retention periods of this traceability data constitute a mandatory mention of the contract for the provision of electronic safe services.
Since Freemindtronic’s electronic safes,
- have a tamper-proof and non-modifiable black box. That this black box traces in particular the number of attempts to enter the administrator password and that this information is automatically saved in the black box.
- manage the recording of data dynamically, machine to machine (M2M) between the NFC terminal and the NFC device. That the backup system is carried out in real time with the physical electronic memory of the device, on the volatile memory of the terminal, without preservation of this data.
- have non-volatile memories, capable of retaining the data backed up by the user for at least 40 years, without the need for an electrical power source.
- has certified documents from the manufacturer of the electronic components used by Freemindtronic SL in these devices which establish without a doubt that the average time between failures is estimated after a 1 million cycles of writes per memory block, no maintenance operation is necessary.
art. R. 55-5.- The said decree indicates that the identification of the user when accessing the digital safe service must be ensured by an electronic means of identification adapted to the security issues of the service.
Since Freemindtronic’s solutions have several identification parameters that can be predetermined by the user himself, namely: administrator password, user password, pairing of NFC terminals, enslavement to a geolocation point, encryption key, physical blockchain segments, password encryption keys, and a code for displaying and sharing data called jamming.
art. R. 55-6. The said decree, according to the guarantee, as provided for in 4 ° of Article L. 103, of the exclusivity of access to the documents and data of the user or to the data associated with the operation of the service requires at least the implementation of the following measures:
“1° An access control mechanism limiting the opening of the digital safe to only persons authorized by the user;
“2° Security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of stored documents and data as well as the corresponding metadata;
“(3) Encryption by the digital safe service of all documents and data stored by or transferred to or from the digital safe. This encryption must be carried out using cryptographic mechanisms in accordance with the state of the art and allow an evolution of the size of the keys and algorithms used.
Since Freemindtronic SL,
- has implemented several security systems to protect the opening of the electronic safe: physical, digital and human identification. The first check requires to know the physical pairing key of the device to authorize the connection with a computer terminal with NFC technology. The second control requires the user to know the administrator code that he himself has previously saved in the device to access the services. Other security systems can be added, forming a symmetric and/or asymmetric encryption key that, segmented into a physical blockchain in physical memory, makes access to encrypted data saved in physical memory totally inaccessible.
- has implemented a multi-factor authentication method to simultaneously identify the terminal authorized to use the device and the user. This makes it possible to guarantee exclusive access to the backed-up data to the user and/or his/her rights holders.
- has implemented a backup process by which all attached data and metadata are encrypted in the unconnected device that guarantees the confidentiality of the data stored in the electronic safe.
- uses dynamically scalable encryption key sizes and uses qualified standardized standards, such as AES256-bit and/or RSA4096-bit keys. Said keys can themselves be encrypted in AES256 bits and segmented in a physical blockchain, in one or more separate devices. Such an implementation makes it impossible, at the known state of the art, to access the said keys or the possibility of guessing them via a brute force attack.
Decision of the Jaroch Technology Committee meeting on 12 June 2018,
Having regard to Decree No. 2018-418 of 30 May 2018 which will enter into force on 1 January 2019;
Where as Freemindtronic SL clearly indicates to users the conditions of use, the technical mechanisms used and the implementation of the guarantees associated with its electronic safe solutions;
Whereas appropriate security measures are implemented to guarantee the integrity, availability and accuracy of the origin of the data stored in the electronic safe;
Whereas the traceability of the operations carried out on the data stored in the electronic safe is effective;
During the Occitanie CyberMatines on LMI TV @lemondeinformatique april 22, 2020, Fullsecure conducted offline protection and physical use demonstrations of sensitive data such as passwords and encryption keys. The backup media in credit card or Tag formats operate without contact with a phone serving as an NFC terminal.
This demo shows an electronic self-connection system to a computer, a motherboard Bios, a Windows session and a VPN with the devices from Freemindtronic hardwares wallet & contactless virtual keyboard
Retrocompatible solutions for offline encryption of any type of data on computer and phone
Another demo shows how to encrypt any data on computer and smartphone, an operation compatible with all computer systems and messaging services, including SMS.
We are talking about compatible retro solutions that offer the advantage of securing the use of any type of computer hardware, computer, smartphone, software, application while maintaining maximum security of the use of sensitive data, whether personal or professional.
Finally, Fullsecure gives a tip to make a desktop “smart”: Secure the sensitive data of any computer discreetly, discreetly, thanks to its mini devices hardened in Pin’s format.
In addition, data sharing is contactless, reducing the risk of contagion during this period of pandemic due to Covid19. Indeed, it is enough to approach your smartphone to the Fullsecure device to manage and use the data contained in pin’s.
Fullsecure offers a wide range of products to meet data security needs in mobility and/or in the workplace.
Learn more about Freemindtronic products https://evicyher.com